ASHA Awards 2017
Distinguished Services to Sexual Health: Awarded to Professor Christopher Fairley
Pictured above Dr Chris Bourne and Professor Christopher Fairley
This award recognises your distinguished and visionary leadership and outstanding contribution to the field of sexual health, both nationally and internationally.
Mid-Career Multi-Disciplinary Achiever Award: Joint award winners Dr Eric Chow and Associate Professor Christy Newman
Pictured above left: Dr Deborah Bateson and Dr Eric Chow, above right: Dr Deborah Bateson and Associate Professor Christy Newman
This award recognises an outstanding mid-career interdisciplinary achiever in an area of sexual health. This person must clearly demonstrate:
- Outstanding achievement in the last 12 months as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Leadership in an interdisciplinary approach to the field of sexual health and the patients and staff who exist within it
- Advocacy in an interdisciplinary approach to the field of sexual health and the patients and staff who exist within it
ASHA Young Leader Award: Joint award winners Gemma Hearnshaw and Lauren Coelli
Pictured above left: Dr Chris Bourne and Gemma Hearnshaw, above right: Dr Chris Bourne and Lauren Coelli
The purpose of this award is to recognise an outstanding Young Leader working in an area of Sexual Health. There are a number of criteria to be met and these are that the awardee:
- Must motivate and inspire the people around them to accomplish more than they would normally,
- Must inspire a high level of commitment from others when taking on new initiatives.
- Must Create a compelling vision for the future and help others understand their role in achieving the vision.
- Must Set a high standard of integrity by leading through example